users@glassfish.java.net

Re: DeadLock causes invalid transactions?

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:54:20 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thank you for your response!
>
> I don't want to solve the Dead Lock here.
>
> I want to solve the problem "The resource manager is doing work outside a
> global transaction",

Is this happening with the connection validation on?

"New request is not allowed to start because it should
> come with valid transaction descriptor." (in german "Die neue Anforderung
> kann nicht gestartet werden, weil sie einen gültigen Transaktionsdeskriptor
> aufweisen sollte.")

Is it a rollback of the deadlock or another rollback? If it's the former, just
ignore it - the resource might still be recovering after the deadlock.

  and "Received diff Xid for open txnId:switching
> transactionId:".

This come from the stdout - is it your app code?

This happens everytime after a dead lock.

> And I think some strange happpens...

What exactly is happening?

thanks,
-marina