users@glassfish.java.net

ProgrammaticLogin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 05:39:59 PST

Hi,

with v2.1 I could successfully authenticate using the ProgrammaticLogin class, but I have troubles with v3. I'm not sure where I did something wrong - on client side or on server side, so it would be great if you could help checking my configuration.

The biggest difference I notice is the classpath, so let's start with that.

With v2.1 I added the following jars to my remote client:
appserv-admin.jar
appserv-deployment-client.jar
appserv-ext.jar
appserv-rt.jar
javaee.jar

With v3 I either couldn't find the appserv jars, or the ones I did find contain only some maven stuff.

I found however the following jar, which contains the ProgrammaticLogin class:
modules/security.jar

Is this the correct one? (It's >580 KB)
Do I need other jars?

With v2.1 as well as with v3 I specified the following jvm args:
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=<path>/appclientlogin.conf

But I get the following exception:
Programmatic login failed: java.lang.SecurityException: Anmeldekonfiguration kann nicht gefunden werden.

(How can I get the English exception messages?)

-Florian
[Message sent by forum member 'puce' (fbrunnerreg_at_gmx.ch)]