users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Running Glassfish v3 on Port 80 on linux

From: Dominik Dorn <dominik.dorn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:41:08 +0100

Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately the blog post is for users of solaris, the role based
access is - in this form - not available for linux.

Privbind is the same as the authbind utility which works with LD_PRELOAD
but that is not working on my 64bit only linux.

How "unsafe"/risky is it to run glassfish as root? Can I protect my system
sufficient
with the Security Manager? Or do I need to setup a chrooted environment?

How much performance do I loose when using apache2/mod_jk with glassfish?
Does this work with NIO/Comet ?