users@glassfish.java.net

Validation and Ajax

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 01:37:23 PST

Hi everyone,

I'm tinkering with the new (to me) AJAX support in JSF 2.0. I've managed to get a lot of useful functionality figured out, but I'm missing one thing that seems relatively important (I suspect I just can't find the right documentation) -- the ability to render error messages after an ajax call.

I have a form with an inputText component that allows the user to enter a value. This value is goes to a property on an EJB with a @Pattern validation constraint that restricts the acceptable input values to only lowercase letters (no numbers, uppercase, space, etc). There is a <commandButton> that causes all acceptable values to be added to a data table.

I have a <h:messages> in my form that works as expected without ajax, but when I enable Ajax on the <commandButton>, I can't seem to get the error message to appear when I give invalid input.

Thanks for any help!

--Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'christopherrued' (c.rued_at_xsb.com)]