users@glassfish.java.net

Re: MDB: max-pool-size vs. steady-pool-size; too many instances created

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 05:02:41 PST

This behavior is really confusing. I am seeing similar behavior. Each thread that tries to execute a request on a remote EJB simply always gets one regardless of the pool size. I am testing this with a simple remote EJB that does a sleep of 10 seconds while invoked.

Wasn't the whole purpose of EJB pooling to limit resource usage and to avoid creation overhead of EJBs? With this implementation it achieves none of these goals.
[Message sent by forum member 'erikengerd' (erik_at_brakkee.org)]