users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin Console trying to get to Internet Address (I'm not on the Internet)

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:13:34 -0800

oops, forget the attachment. Here it goes.

Anissa Lam wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> This was discussed in the GlassFish forum, but the forum is down right
> now, so i can't point you to it.
> Attached is the reply from Sam confirming my suggestion works.
> Please take a look.
>
> I should write a blog summarizing this, but blogs.sun.com is down also :(
>
> thanks
> Anissa.
>
> Tim.Anderson wrote:
>> I am working on a network that is not connected to the Internet and
>> every
>> time I bring up the GlassFish Administration Console, my browser
>> attempts to
>> connect to
>> http://www.sun.com/software/products/appsrvr/promotions/v3.html.
>> Since that URL is not available, it delays the startup of the Admin
>> Console.
>>
>> Is there a way to tell GlassFish that no matter how hard it tries,
>> it's not
>> going to find that URL?

attached mail follows:

Hi Anissa,

The two fixes you've suggested work perfectly. The console login
proceeds quickly now, and I see the Update Tool tab is gone. Hopefully
someone will post a blog entry about this (I'd do it myself if I had
one!).

Thanks for all your help. It really didn't take you long to provide
the information; I only mentioned it on Friday afternoon (GMT) and
it's now Sunday (so that's less than one working day for me!). That
seems good to me (especially as we don't have paid support for
GlassFish, but we do on other Sun products (e.g. OpenSSO, Sun Java
System Web Server, MySQL, etc).

I'm now going to start experimenting with GlassFishv3 properly :-)

Thanks again,

Sam