users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Linked policy contexts have different roleToSubjectMaps

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:07:34 PST

it means that the modules of your ear have defined different principal-2-role mappings, and in Java EE the modules of an application are required to share the same principal-2-role mapping. Please review the sun-web.xml and sun-ejb-jar.xml files of the modules of your app.

Is it the case that they have defined independent principal-2-role mappings? In an ear, if a principal-2-role mapping is defined for the app( as apposed to defined by default), it should occur in sun-application.xml. Have you defined a principal-2-role mapping in sun-application.xml?

I don't think Glassfish compares module specific princiapl-2-role mappings for equivalence, iow, I think defining the same principal-2-role mapping in each module, will not be seen as having defined the same principal-2-role mappings for all modules of the app. Not sure why such an app would have worked in V2, but perhaps if you answer the questions above, we should be able to determine if there has been a regression.
[Message sent by forum member 'monzillo' ]