users@glassfish.java.net

Ubuntu upgrade broke / removed gf v2

From: Lance Raymond <lraymond_at_weatherflow.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:59:51 -0500

Well the subject says it all. I have 1 development servers and 2 production
servers. For numerous reasons we had to dist-upgrade the box's and when it
restarted, glassfish was gone. An aptitude search reveals;
c glassfishv2
  - Sun's open source GlassFish(TM) v2 Update
c glassfishv2-bin - Sun's open source GlassFish(TM) v2
Update

The 'c' being that the config files are still there, but not the
application. A re-install attempt shows;

Package glassfishv2 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package glassfishv2 has no installation candidate

Now my question is what to do next? We have an SSL cert that is a must to
keep (the install was a nightmare, but did learn alot), I don't want to go
the compile route, but if I must, I will, then I need to ask do I move to
v3?

I am downling the v3 zip now to look at a little, but not sure on the SSL
cert, etc. but wondering if anyone had this issue and an easy way to
resolve. The upgrade was from version 8.10 to 9.04. Since it broke we went
ahead and upgraded to 9.10.

Thanks.