users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JaxRS/RestEasy

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:44:59 +0100

On Dec 14, 2009, at 3:10 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> For info, I have used RESTEasy on GlassFish V3 but had to disable
> jersey in the admin console, then disable jsr311 and jersey in the
> OSGi console :(
>
> This is rather lame, I wish there was a better way to do it, but I'm
> not sure this is only a problem for GlassFish (I suspect other app
> servers have that too)

Right. If you want a real headache try using another EJB
implementation :-)

Note that JAX-RS implementations are not guaranteed to be portable
across EE 6 app servers.

Iif you use Jersey on JBoss or RESTEasy on GlassFish then EE 6
integration features like support for @ManagedBean or EJBs may not
work (specifically for those features Jersey relies on a GlassFish
specific SPI). However, the way Jersey implements CDI and Servlet 3.0
integration should be portable.

Paul.