users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to use JSF 1.2 on Glassfish v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:02:19 PST

ICEfaces 1.8.x don't support JSF 2.0. I don't know why. ICEfaces logs on deploy: JSF 2.0 libraries detected. This version of ICEfaces is not supported on JSF 2.0. JSF 1.1 or 1.2 are required.

ICEfaces is going to support jsf 2.0 in ICEfaces version 2.0 but it isn't production ready for a long time I think. (it have only a alpha 1 release right now)

We have now GF 2.1 production servers running these ICEfaces apps but it is too heavy for our needs. GF v3 (web profile) is really light and just perfect for our needs.

The apps are in production use so we must use official ICEfaces packages and can't recompile them with jsf 2.0 libraries.

It would be great if there is some way to run apps or whole domain in 1.2 mode.
[Message sent by forum member 'weba' ]