users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3, EJB 3.1 and Standalone Client

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 01:07:14 +0100

I am also very interested about this topic.
I have downloaded official Glassfish v3 documentation (development
guide) and all they say there is how to use Application Client
Container (ACC) in traditional and embedded mode. There is, however,
nothing about standalone clients!
Glassfish v2 documentation described how to write and package
standalone client, but v3 has completely different set of JAR
libraries.

Maybe Glassfish v3 does not support standalone java clients without
ACC? Maybe the embedded ACC (new thing in v3) is the way to go?

Can someone from Glassfish team could shed light on this subject?

Regards,
Witold Szczerba