users@glassfish.java.net

EJB Timer on cluster

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:01:52 PST

Hello,

I'm trying to use the timer service in a clustered application.
I've used the following article to configure the timer service:
http://programmaremobile.blogspot.com/2009/02/clustering-and-ejb-timer-eng.html

I've used a postgresql database and created a XADataSource for the connection pool (org.postgresql.xa.PGXADataSource).
Then I configured the ejb timer in the cluster config to use that datasource and restarted the node-agent and the domain.

Then I start the timer using:

[i]@Resource
private SessionContext context;

private void startNextTimer()
{
    context.getTimerService().createTimer(10000, "NotificationTimer");
}[/i]

But then I got following exception:
javax.ejb.EJBException: EJB Timer service not available

But I can't find any log entry that says something about why the service is not available
[Message sent by forum member 'dh2k7' ]