users@glassfish.java.net

How to investigate abnormal volume of JMS messages in GF logs

From: CS Wong <lilwong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 06:59:27 +0800

Hi,

I run a GF cluster of 2 instances on 2 nodes and have a rather weird problem
where I see a very high volume of messages being published where I don't
know where they come from and what they're supposed to do. In each of my
instance's server.log file, I can see a high volume of logs looking like
this:

[#|2009-12-09T06:48:59.780+0800|INFO|sun-appserver9.1|javax.resourceadapter.mqjmsra.outbound.connection|_ThreadID=146;_ThreadName=Timer-6;|MQJMSRA_MC1101:
constructor:Created mcId=9224:xacId=5454744738709268480:Using xacf
config={imqOverrideJMSPriority=false, imqConsumerFlowLimit=1000,
imqOverrideJMSExpiration=false, imqAddressListIterations=3,
imqLoadMaxToServerSession=true, imqConnectionType=TCP, imqPingInterval=30,
imqSetJMSXUserID=false, imqConfiguredClientID=,
imqSSLProviderClassname=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider,
imqJMSDeliveryMode=PERSISTENT, imqConnectionFlowLimit=1000,
imqConnectionURL=http://localhost/imq/tunnel, imqBrokerServiceName=,
imqJMSPriority=4, imqBrokerHostName=localhost, imqJMSExpiration=0,
imqAckOnProduce=, imqEnableSharedClientID=false, imqAckTimeout=0,
imqAckOnAcknowledge=, imqConsumerFlowThreshold=50, imqDefaultPassword=guest,
imqQueueBrowserMaxMessagesPerRetrieve=1000, imqDefaultUsername=guest,
imqReconnectEnabled=true, imqConnectionFlowCount=100,
imqAddressListBehavior=PRIORITY, imqReconnectAttempts=3,
imqSetJMSXAppID=false,
imqConnectionHandler=com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsclient.protocol.tcp.TCPStreamHandler,
imqSetJMSXRcvTimestamp=false, imqBrokerServicePort=0,
imqDisableSetClientID=false, imqSetJMSXConsumerTXID=false,
imqOverrideJMSDeliveryMode=false, imqBrokerHostPort=7676,
imqQueueBrowserRetrieveTimeout=60000, imqSetJMSXProducerTXID=false,
imqSSLIsHostTrusted=false, imqConnectionFlowLimitEnabled=false,
imqReconnectInterval=5000,
imqAddressList=localhost:37676,mq://CM-app01:37676/,mq://CM-app02:37676/,
imqOverrideJMSHeadersToTemporaryDestinations=false}|#]

My server experiences very low traffic at night and yet I can see almost a
thousand lines of these logs between 2am and 6am in each instance. The
number of hits on the server may total up to just about 10 or so.

I haven't seen that they're directly detrimental to my server's health just
yet, but still, I would like to find out what these messages are doing and
why they're appearing. Can anybody point me to the right direction to find
out?

Thanks!
Wong