users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB Module with Entity class in library

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 07:40:30 PST

Thanks very much for all the help and answering my question.

I think it would be really great if this could be added to V3.1 for the purpose of backward compatibility support. In the mean time I will have to use the asadmin --library deploy option.

It is also good to know that this is not part of the Java EE spec and that there would probably be some deployment issues on other app servers as well.

I think it is actually a pity the Java EE spec does not address this as I think it is a really good and interesting design pattern to use.

What I like about this pattern is that I can use the entity class as an input parameter or return type of a JAX-WS web service, where I can code the entity class once and include it as a library to my EJB or EAR file and also the UI project. With the inclution of bean validation in Java EE 6, I think this pattern makes more sense than ever.

I am actually planning to create a Netbeans tutorial (or perhaps a series of tutorials) of this pattern. I am mainly waiting for the release of JavaFX 1.3 and the preview of the new JavaFX GUI builder in Netbeans 6.8.
[Message sent by forum member 'gadnex' ]