users@glassfish.java.net

Re: problem launching remote debugging of EJB with Eclipse IDE and Glass Fish

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:10:01 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to trying to debug a deployed EJB on a running glassfish server from Eclipse. Here is what I tried.
>
> (1) Go to JVM settings in Glassfish and click "enable debugging".

Via admin gui?
On a remote server on a different machine than Eclipse itself?
Did you install the GlassFish Eclipse plugin and registered a local server?
> (2) Create debug configuration and pass it these arguments in the JVM:
>
> -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9009

debug config on which process? If the process is remote, it has to be
remotely started and not via Eclipse.

If your gf in local on the same machine as Eclipse and registered to
Eclipse via the GlassFsih plugin, you just need to select the "Debug..."
menu item on a project and everything is done automatically.
Ludo