users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Cannot see external changes to database (GFv2)

From: Sigal Shaharabani <Sigal.Shaharabani_at_Teledata-Networks.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:03:53 +0200

Perhaps a "commit" is missing?

________________________________

From: Markus Karg [mailto:karg_at_quipsy.de]
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 10:25 AM
To: users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
Subject: Cannot see external changes to database (GFv2)

One of our customers is complaining about the following behaviour (which
we can reproduce in our lab):

Using a third party software, he does UPDATEs to the database GlassFish
is accessing (using included JPA RI).

That changes are not "seen" by GlassFish, i. e. if we do a simple
"findAll", then the row is shown unchanged.

We think the problem is a performance improvement in TopLink (not

How to tell GlassFish / TopLink that *a particular table* is updated
externally, so it must reload the full row at each SELECT?

Thanks

Markus

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirus
Version: AVB 19.525 dated 27.10.2009