users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot see external changes to database (GFv2)

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:25:18 +0100

One of our customers is complaining about the following behaviour (which we can reproduce in our lab):

Using a third party software, he does UPDATEs to the database GlassFish is accessing (using included JPA RI).

That changes are not "seen" by GlassFish, i. e. if we do a simple "findAll", then the row is shown unchanged.

We think the problem is a performance improvement in TopLink (not loading the data again, but just checking if it is still there).

How to tell GlassFish / TopLink that *a particular table* is updated externally, so it must reload the full row at each SELECT?

Thanks

Markus