users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Last Chance GFv3 Dev Guide & domain.xml Doc Reviews

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:17:42 +0530

Hi June,

Please find the comments for the sections "Developing Connectors" and
"Built-in Factories for Custom Resources" in page 263

1)
Page 221 : 3rd Paragraph

"developed in conformance with the Java EE Connector
Specification."
can be
"developed in conformance with the Java EE Connector Architecture
Specification."

2) Page 222 : Probably, we can add another standard context named
TransactionContext :
(same as already exisiting ExecutionContext, but conforms to
GenericContext
so that it can be submitted as a set of contexts)

[Taken from Java EE Tutorial by Chinmayee]
"Transaction Context :
The transaction context contract between the resource adapter and the
application server
leverages the Generic Work Context mechanism by describing a standard
WorkContext, the
TransactionContext. It represents the standard interface a resource
adapter can use to
propagate transaction context information from the EIS to the
application server."

3) Page 224 :
" In the Administration Console, open the Applications component and
select Connector
  Modules. Deploy the module, or select the previously deployed module.
Specify the name of
  the thread pool in the Thread Pool ID field. For details, click the
Help button in the
  Administration Console.
"
can be re-phrased as :
" In the Administration Console, open the Applications component and
select Connector
  Modules. Deploy the module and then goto resources >
resource-adapter-configs section and create a
  resource-adapter configuration for the deployed connector. You can
select a thread-pool from
  the list of available thread-pools.For details, click the Help button
in the
  Administration Console.
"

4) Page 225 : Section : Overriding Configuration Properties :
You can also state that the same is possible via GUI
GUI > resources > resource-adapter-configs > create (new)

5) Page 226 : Section : Handling Invalid Connections :
property 'PreferValidateOverRecreate' is 'PREFER-VALIDATE-OVER-RECREATE'
5-a) applicable in the examples and the entire section.

6) Page 227 : We can add another section named "classloading-policy"
after the section "Setting the shutdown timeout"
You can use the same text as provided in "Administration reference
guide, <connector-service> element" including my comments on the same.

7) Page 228 : Remove section "Application scoped resources" as is not
available in v3

8) Probably, we can add the other new features of the connector 1.6
specification
a) Annotations
b) Bean validation.
[Even a reference to Java EE tutorial's connector section will be
helpful.
Annotations section is already available. AFAIK, chinmayee is working on
bean-validation section]

9) Page 263 : Section : Built-in Factories for Custom Resources :

We provide template resources xml files for these built-in factories.
They are available at
GF_INSTALL_DIR/lib/install/templates/resources/custom/
User can refer
GF_INSTALL_DIR/lib/install/templates/resources/custom/README and
appropriate template file for more details.

Thanks,
-Jagadish