users@glassfish.java.net

Re: DeadLock causes invalid transactions?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:55:44 PST

Thank you. Currently I'm using the HADB edition of 2.1.1.

I've tested it with and without.

At first a had no validation activated. The problem holds more than 20 minutes.

After this, I configured "Transaction Service":
 * On Restart: enabled
 * Transaction Timeout: 300 seconds
 * Property:
   # xaresource-txn-timeout: 300
So I can only produce this error for five, six minutes. After this all seams to be okay.

Then I activated connection validation:
 * Connection Validation: required enabled
 * Validation Method: table
 * Validate Atmost Once: 1 seconds
than the problem occurs only one time, but I've trouble with JDBC interactions at all.

Some other configuration information:
Each JDBC Pool is configured fpr MS SQL 2005:
 * Datasource Classname: com.sun.sql.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource
 * Resource Type: javax.sql.XADataSource
 * Initial and Minimum Pool Size: 8
 * Maximum Pool Size: 32
 * Pool Resize Quantity: 2
 * Idle Timeout: 300 seconds
 * Max Wait Time: 60000 milliseconds
 * On Any Failure: Close All Connections is enabled
 * Transaction Isolation: read-commited
 * Isolation Level: Guaranteed is enabled
 * Statement Timeout: 3600 seconds
 * Wrap JDBC Objects: enabled
 * Leak Timeout: 3600 seconds
 * Leak Reclaim: disabled
 * Creation Retry Attempts: 1
 * Retry Interval: 10 seconds
 * Lazy Association: disabled
 * Lazy Connection Enlistment: disabled
 * Associate with Thread: disabled
 * Match Connections: disabled
 * Max Connection Usage : 0
 * Additional Properties:
   # selectMethod: cursor
   # loginTimeout: 60

Thanks for helping me understanding this problem.
[Message sent by forum member 'hegalor' ]