users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Communication trouble DAS - Node Agent

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:15:54 PST

> > > command above (or you can try setting that in
> the
> > > processLauncher.xml -- beware that it is not a
> > > published interface)
>
> Some additional research tells me that this may be
> the only option. I cannot find any documentation that
> describes setting JVM options on the NA itself (other
> than for the purpose of syncing the instance stores).
> I will try this just to see if it fixes the behavior
> although I will probably not suggest that we push
> such a fix into production.

This solved the problem. In ./lib/processLauncher.xml I added a sysproperty element to the s1as8-nodeagent process element with a key of java.rmi.server.hostname and value of the inter-appserv communication interface address.

So, the question now is: is there a supported configuration hook to do this? If not, I will file a feature request.

  -g
[Message sent by forum member 'gjwiley' ]