users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Communication trouble DAS - Node Agent

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:58:47 PST

Thanks again.

> 1. Can you try creating your NA with your expected IP
> address using the --agent* options in
> create-node-agent:
> ./asadmin create-node-agent --asdas
> Usage: create-node-agent [--terse=false]
> [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--host
> DAS_host(Default localhost)] [--port 4848|4849]
> [--user DAS_user] [--passwordfile file_name]
> [--agentdir nodeagent_path] [--agentport port_number]
> [--savemasterpassword=false] [--secure=true]
> [--agentproperties (name=value)[:name=value]*]
> [nodeagent_name]

From what you mentioned, it seems that the NA is telling the DAS, via JMX, that its (the NA's) RMI address is 10.97.20.23. Is my understanding correct? Then, as you suggest, I need to tell the NA that its RMI address is something else. But I don't see how to do that via the create-node-agent command. According to the help text, the only agentproperties supported are listenaddress and remoteclientaddress. I have tried setting each of those. Setting remoteclientaddress to the NA's address doesn't fix the problem. Setting listenaddress to the NA's address prevents the NA from starting (binding exception, searching the net it seems that others have seen this problem also). I don't think listenaddress matters to this problem anyway as by default the NA binds to all addresses. Setting remoteclientaddress only seems to configure the JMX address sent to the DAS at NA registration--and JMX from DAS to NA is already working correctly.

> 2. Or else you can add java.rmi.server.hostname
> property to NA and DAS VMs to force the RMI stubs of
> their JMX connector servers to have an IP you desire.
> For DAS you can set it in domain.xml. For NA in the
> command above (or you can try setting that in the
> processLauncher.xml -- beware that it is not a
> published interface)

I agree with what you wrote in the followup. It should be configured on the NA as it is the NA that reports the RMI address to the DAS on each DAS-initiated query for it. But, I can't figure out how to set it on the NA.

> 3. Lastly, if that 10.97.20.23 interface is not used
> anywhere else, may be you can get rid of that from NA
> host ?

Ah, pragmatism. :)

Unfortunately, not an option. The Windows boxes form a nexus of legacy services--the whole reason why we are attempting to integrate them into the otherwise Linux-based appserv infrastructure in the first place.

  -=greg
[Message sent by forum member 'gjwiley' ]