users@glassfish.java.net

Re: bit puzzled by glassfish

From: Major Péter <majorpetya_at_sch.bme.hu>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:43:44 +0100

Hi,

> 1) I found "ruby container" and installed jruby. Now if I want to
> deploy rails apps, I have to turn them into a .war file I think.
> Do I need to use warbler for this?
> Since Warbler includes jruby into the war, this doesn't feel right,
> because glassfish now has its own jruby installation.
> I know about the glassfish gem, but I prefer just uploading a war.
> Also, I think the gem will start separated vms for every app and not
> use the installed glassfish, but I might be mistaken.

The main change between v2 and v3 is, that v3 supports now directory
deploy for Ruby/JRuby apps, so you only need to install JRuby, set
JRUBY_HOME in asenv.conf and deploy a directory. See Arun Gupta's blog
for more details:
http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/redmine_on_glassfish_ruby_on

Regards,
Peter