users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to force logout?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:56:19 PST

I have been reading up on JAAS in the JAAS tutorial (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jaas/tutorials/GeneralAcnOnly.html), but it is not clear to me how this all interfaces with Enterprise Edition. Where should the JAAS configuration file and the .policy files be placed? I would guess there is something one puts in the .xml files (application.xml perhaps) to specify the location of these files, but I cannot find anything documented on the web.

Another angle I tried was to see if I can retrieve the LoginContext from the application container in order to call "logout()" but I cannot find any doc that tells me how to access the LoginContext from the application container or the application container itself.

I am still totally confused after 4 days. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex
[Message sent by forum member 'thedudeabides' ]