users@glassfish.java.net

Configuring Security

From: paulbrickell <paul.brickell_at_evolvedintelligence.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:04:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Just a general query. I am experimenting with Glassfish V3 preview (web
profile). I am trying to configure security for my application.

I am reasonably conversant with J2EE security and have configured v3 Prelude
successfully. My problem is that I want to configure security for my
application on v3 preview and I just can't get it to work. I have the usual
security configuration in web.xml and in my sun-web.xml. I have configured a
new realm and added a user to it. But whenever I access a page on my app I
get no authentication request and no logging.

Does AA even work on v3 preview? Should I persist in trying to get it
working? Any pointers would be great. Thanks.
Paul B.