users@glassfish.java.net

Cant deploy ear file to stand-alone instance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:49:00 PST

Hi,

I have a Glassfish environment with two stand-alone instance and the server instance. The architecture requires deployment of ear files to one of the two stand-alone instances.

The approach I am taking is to deploy the application to the server (DAS) and the enable the ear application on the required instance. All the above actions are performed using asadmin deploy and enable command. I can however enable the instance on the server instance.

When I attempt to enable to the instance, the following error is generated:
Component not registered
CLI137 Command enable failed.

The deploy command looks like this:
asadmin deploy --user $var_GLASSFISH_ADMIN_USER --passwordfile $var_PASSWORD_FILE --host $var_HOST --port $var_PORT --name TEST_NAME/JavaCAPS6/appserver/samples/quickstart/hello.war

The enable command is as follows:
asadmin enable --user $var_GLASSFISH_ADMIN_USER --passwordfile $var_PASSWORD_FILE --host $var_HOST --port $var_PORT --target instance1 hello

How do I enable an already deployed application (ear file) to an instance?

Thanks,

Anthonie
[Message sent by forum member 'anthonie' ]