users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sending messages between two different Glassfish instances

From: Nigel Deakin <Nigel.Deakin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:25:48 +0000

Nils,

Nils wrote:
>> You can configure a MDB to consume messages from a queue located on any Glassfish instance, anywhere on the network. All you need to do is to set its
>> hostname and JMS port in the addressList property of the MDB's activation spec.
>
> What if you don't have access to the destination host, so you cannot
> set the hostname in the activation spec?

In what sense do you mean you "don't have access" to the destination host?

So far I have suggested setting it on the activation spec of the MDB. You can also configure the MDB to obtain
activation spec properties from a connection factory, if that is more convenient than configuring them directly.

Nigel