users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Clean install, import key help requested *2nd*

From: <bamoss_at_sceats.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:35:37 -0700
So with the original keystore.jks, which contains alias s1as, you are able to access the glassfish admin console on port 4848, correct?

If you used mystore.jks as the keystore where you created your original certificate request for alias, then imported back the signed certificate and the class and root certificate, you should see three entries, a chained signing key and the two imported certificates (class and root certs) in the mystore.jks keystore.  However you won't have the s1as self-signed certificate, that is in the original keystore, since this is created when glassfish is built.

If the above is true, create alias s1as using genkey in mystore.jks.  Then rename the keystore.jks to keystore.old and copy and rename mystore.jks to keystore.jks.  You should be able to log into the glassfish admin console.  I have enabled SSL on port 4848 and 8181, leaving 8080 for HTTP.  If you enable SSL on these ports, the default certificate nickname will be "s1as".  If you change this to "wflow", you should now be using your signed certificate.  This would be done by going to Configuration tab > HTTP Services > HTTP Listeners > SSL tab.  After this change, you need to restart Glassfish.

Does this make sense?

Note that you need to have alias s1as in your active keystore, as other glassfish services use this certificate nickname.  I suspect this is why the blog entry recommends deleting the original s1as and generating a new s1as alias for the certificate request.  The other option if you don't have s1as in the active keystore is to make the change in the domain.xml file replacing all s1as certificate aliases with your alias, however, editing the domain.xml file is not recommended.

Hope this helps.

Derek