users@glassfish.java.net

Mail list and/or Forum post -> question on ssl

From: Lance Raymond <lraymond_at_weatherflow.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:30:10 -0400

ok, just hit the mail list as the forums are really not helping, most
luck/help comes from the lists. I am sure my post was read by a few, but
I'm still stuck, new to GF, but having 10+ years linux experience, a
professional app server like GF is kicking my ... and I just don't get it,
so sorry if this looks/seems like a double post due to the forum.

Anyway, we spent the money on a cert, it was created weeks ago, but I have
to install. I read;
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=How_to_ssl_versign
http://blogs.sun.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/using_ssl_with_glassfish_v2and
even
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/2007/11/19/ssl-and-crl-checking-glassfish-v2

and still no good. I am hoping I can just get some answers, as to the best
way. I have full access to wipe GF and re-install (done so probably 10 x's
today), but I have in a backup folder that was left, the certificate .csr,
the .cert and a trusted.crt that I think came from rapidssl. I have tried
the keytool import to a new file, then copying it over the keystore.jks, I
have tried the import directly into that file, all of them give the same
errors on restart. I know this tool almost by heart, but if someone can do
a simple hand hold and say go this route;
a. import to a new file, use the s1as alias
b. import over the keystore.jks file and use the s1as alias
c. import new file, new alias, then change in admin restart.

Something like that to start, stand by for a pretty fast reply or something,
it would mean a lot.

Thanks.