users@glassfish.java.net

Changes in domain/lib/ext libraries not distributed to node agents.

From: Jussi Kuosa <jussi.kuosa_at_f-secure.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 05:01:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
we have chosen to use domain/lib/ext folder for distributing some libraries
to all node agents. This worked fine the first time, but now we need to
change the set of distributed libraries (old libraries are removed and some
new ones are added). After reading e.g. [1] and [2] I thought that I only
need to change the DAS domain/lib/ext and restart the DAS and all node
agents to get the changes replicated to all node agents. This does not
happen :-/

We specify --syncinstances=true when we start node agents, as is recommended
in [3]

I found two workarounds:
1. remove the .com_sun_appserv_timestamp from
   <glassfish>/nodeagents/<node>/<cluster_instance>/lib
   on all nodes before starting node agents again
2. touch:ing one of the changed files made them replicate.

Can someone clarify how this change of distributed libraries is supposed to
be done?

ENV: gf 2.1-b60e 2-node cluster with DAS in node1, jdk6u16, w2003 r2 sp2 srv
32bit, mysql 5.0.66sp1

Best regards,

    Jussi Kuosa

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/nazrul/entry/under_the_hood_of_glassfish