users@glassfish.java.net

New to glassfish and really need some quick ssl help

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:02:09 PDT

Well I got thrown this one as the one guy left. Here is the scenario. Glassfish V2 running on Ubuntu 8.10 server. We need SSL, and the 1st guy did 1/2 the work and got the cert but never installed it. So I both need to install the cert as well as don't have the password. I am sure the issuer can re-issue the cert, but really stuck and could use some prof' help. I am looking at http://blogs.sun.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/using_ssl_with_glassfish_v2 URL, and the self signed is still there. I tried to delete using;
keytool -delete -alias s1as -keystore keystore.jks and get prompted for a pw which we don't have. I also have a folder which has the .csr, the .cert and a trustedroot.crt.

That's it, so to someone who know linux for a few good years and not even 5 minutes on glassfish, what is the best 1st step in getting this cert imported/installed?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'xlancealotx' (lraymond_at_weatherflow.com)]