users@glassfish.java.net

french character showing up as ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:57:57 PDT

Temporarily running an old version of SJSAS (v.8.2). I have a problem where some of our french characters outputted from some web-apps show up as question marks. This occurs only if the appserver is started by the OS itself - like via a cron. If I manually logon to the system and execute the startup script as root, then there is no problem. I thought it maybe had something to do with the locale of the users; root was set to en_CA... so I also set the default locale (etc/default/init) to en_CA... still the problem persists. Ideas?

thank you
[Message sent by forum member 'black_lotus' (justin_at_insurfact.com)]