users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish + Jruby

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:10:54 -0700

Aaron Axelsen wrote:
> I have installed glassfish, activated both the jruby and jruby-gems
> components.
You mean you installed jruby and jruby-gems from glassfish update
center? If so, then you are all set. Simply deploy your ruby application
using 'asadmin deploy command'.

> Are there any additional steps to enable jruby support? Do
> I also need to install jruby somewhere on the system? (Sorry if this is
> a given, but i'm having a hard time finding any explained information on
> this via google).

As I mentioned above, if you have installed jruby/jruby-gem via
glassfish updatecenter then no further jruby related configuration needed.
> The ruby container option in the admin area leads me
> to think there is something more to install.

The configure-jruby-container man page was added recently. Can you try'
asadmin configure-jruby-container --help' command on the latest nightly
and it should explain which options are required.

-vivek.