users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Transaction problem when persisting Entity class

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 02:00:58 PDT

Sometimes when ejbTimeout returns, there is no error for persist(D), but the data is not stored in the database.

--> sounds like flush has not been performed, which is indeed strange

Sometimes I've seen a transaction start, but not complete. After this, I cannot modify the row I'm trying to persist in D from outside GF until I exit GF.

--> row is indeed locked until transaction is committed or aborted

I don't understand well what is the relation between the MDB delivery and the Timer? I guess that when a message is delivered, A calls B to register a new Timer? Are you passing information in the Timer itself? Or is the row to update a fixed one? Which version of Glassfish are you using? Are you using Oracle Toplink for JPA?
[Message sent by forum member 'ewernli' (erwann.wernli_at_gmail.com)]