users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2.1 JMS stop calling consumers

From: Nigel Deakin <Nigel.Deakin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:24:08 +0100

Paulo,

Paulo Cesar Reis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m having a weird problem that is happening for like one week now. I
> have the same app deployed on glassfish v2.1 on 12 machines but in one
> of them the glassfish sometime stop calling the consumers for the JMS
> Messages, the message is sent successfully to topic but the consumers
> ‘re not called and I can’t get any error in server.log nor log.txt
> (inside IMQBroker).
>
> I tried all the configuration in JMS Container, changing from LOCAL to
> EMBEDDED with no success, I just gain tons of new WARNING logs in my log
> (when changed to EMBEDDED) so I’m just completely lost.
>
> Anyone can help me? It is possible to increase the log detail for JMS?
> If it stop calling my consumers somethin’ must be wrong so I need to
> know what’s goin’ on. Maybe some kind of test, I don’t know. When I
> restart the glassfish it send few messages to consumers but not ALL, the
> most part just disappear in the middle of nowhere, the IMQ isn’t saving
> the messages properly.

Can you provide some more information about your application, and the circumstances under which it doesn't behave as
expected?

How are you consuming messages? Are you using a MDB or some other mechanism?

Are your consumers using durable or non-durable subscriptions?

Are the messages persistent or non-persistent?

You say that "in one of them ...glassfish sometimes stop calling the consumers". Does this happen with the same
Glassfish instance, or does it vary?

When you see messages not being received, how many messages are left on the topic? Run "imqcmd list dst". The imqcmd
command can normally be found in the imq/bin directory.

When you change to EMBEDDED, what are the warning messages?

Nigel