users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish eclipse mysql problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 05:25:05 PDT

I think you're saying that you're getting a CNF exception, which is caused by the JVM being unable to find the class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. You need to check if mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin (whatever that is, a directory?) contains a jar file that contains that class. AFAIK the class(es) required have to be in the GF lib directory not in a subdirectory but I don't know how clever it is in this regard.

Either way, this is a MySQL installation issue not really a GF issue - perhaps you could also ask in the MySQL support forums?
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury_at_abinitio.com)]