users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do I reset glassfish/esb server listener ip address on dev laptop?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 06:21:18 PDT

> I think this post is relevant to your question:
> http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=365
> 378#365378

Hi Matterbury, thank you very much for taking the time to answer.

This is the other forum note:

> The likely cause is that you have configured GF to only listen on localhost (127.0.0.1)
> and not all interfaces (0.0.0.0). You can test this theory by doing
> 'netstat -an|grep LISTEN|grep -w port' where port is the port you configured GF
> to listen on. It will either say 127.0.0.1:port or 0.0.0.0.:port.

>If so, you need to configure GF from the admin screen to listen on interface 0.0.0.0.
> I don't exactly how but it should be reasonably obvious (it's the http service you
> need to configure).

The domain.xml was originally configured to listen on 0.0.0.0 - but for some reason Glassfish was doing a listen on the ip address allocated to my ethernet adaptor when I was in the office last week. It won't stop attempting to listen on that address.

I have tried changing domain.xml to listen on 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0 but the only thing that has got me running again was to change the ip address on a local adaptor to match the ip address originally allocated last week, which is clearly barking!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks very much!
[Message sent by forum member 'm_jenkins' (mlvj_at_yahoo.co.uk)]