users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do I reset glassfish/esb server listener ip address on dev laptop?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 03:32:53 PDT

I have NOT found the solution yet.

What I have done, as a temporary workaround, and which I know will be a pain, is to change my loopback IP address to be the same one that is being listened on.

I have also changed domain.xml to change the "0.0.0.0" ip addresses to "127.0.0.1".

The admch file in domain1\config still has the old IP address in it.

The next issue I encountered was that service assemblies were attempting to call other web services defined on my host with URLs to http://localhost:8080/<stuff> - and that was getting a connection refused error - confirmed by wireshark.

What I did there is change the URL in the Casa<Service>.wsdl files to a named host - "mywshost:8080" - and define mywshost in hosts to be 127.0.0.1. That has got me running again.

I expect I'll need to disable the loopback port before I turn off tonight, as tomorrow I'm back in the office.

Any explanations as to what is going on, and what the proper solution is, will be very much appreciated!
[Message sent by forum member 'm_jenkins' (mlvj_at_yahoo.co.uk)]