users@glassfish.java.net

Bug in entity manager when using serializable field mapped to LOB

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 03:11:32 PDT

When I use a serializable field mapped to LOB column, the state of entity isn't merged at the end of transaction, when I change data in an object which is a serializable field.

I use GlassFish v2.1 (9.1.1) (build b60e-fcs) on Linux, Java 64bit 1.6.0_16, database PostgreSQL 8.3.7.

I am attaching a test case which illustrates the problem (as a NetBeans project).

I guess that could be a problem with some of the optimizations in the persistence provider.
[Message sent by forum member 'bastian_knight' (bastian_knight_at_wp.pl)]