users@glassfish.java.net

Re: FW: Rails Development

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:41:12 -0700

Hi Michael,

As mentioned in the webinar yesterday, Rails applications can be very
easily deployed as WAR files on GlassFish. This allows leveraging your
investment in Java EE infrastructure and still deploy a Rails
application on a standard Java EE application server like GlassFish.

Here is a brief list of Rails applications in production:

http://rubyonrails.org/applications

Twitter, YellowPages, Hulu and Bumper Sticker are some examples.

Just to clarify, Ruby-on-Rails is *not* an Apache module. A Rails
application running on Mongrel may be front-ended with Apache though.

-Arun

--
Need Application Server ? Download from http://glassfish.org
Blog: http://blog.arungupta.me