users@glassfish.java.net

asadmin troubles

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 02:32:50 PDT

Hi together,

I am currently trying to set up a new domain and configure it for security but it seems that I get stuck at the very beginning. Being more accurate it's asadmin that gets stuck. I created a domain with the following command:

[code]su - glassfish -c '/opt/glassfishv3/bin/asadmin --user MyRoot --passwordfile /opt/glassfishv3/dom2-pwd.conf create-domain --portbase 9000 --savemasterpassword=true --savelogin=true dom2'[/code]

That worked quite well without asking me anything. Then I also can do:

[code]su - glassfish -c '/opt/glassfishv3/bin/asadmin start-domain dom2'[/code]

...success. After that I just wanted to get a property from that domain:

[code]su - glassfish -c '/opt/glassfishv3/bin/asadmin --port 9048 get *.admin-listener'[/code]

Well, and here we are:

[pre]Authentication failed with password from login store: /opt/glassfishv3/.asadminpass
Enter admin password>
Authentication failed for user: MyRoot
(Usually, this means invalid user name and/or password)
Command get failed.[/pre]

Now [b]THAT[/b] is strange! The login via web interface works as expected in contrast to the CLI.

Please help, as I also need to make everything secure (including shutting down the admin web interface) from the command line.

Thanx,

CHaoZ

P.S.: I'm using the latest stuff (updated through pkg), so it is currently b64 (the complete glassfish, not only web)
[Message sent by forum member 'chaoslayer' (postmaster_at_chaoslayer.de)]