users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish2 and struts2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:14:43 PDT

I am new to struts and I am trying to get somesample programs working. Everything compiles and deploys successfully bu whe I run the jsp page I get:

--"type Exception report

message

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The Struts dispatcher cannot be found. This is usually caused by using Struts tags without the associated filter. Struts tags are only usable when the request has passed through its servlet filter, which initializes the Struts dispatcher needed for this tag. - [unknown location]
root cause

The Struts dispatcher cannot be found. This is usually caused by using Struts tags without the associated filter. Struts tags are only usable when the request has passed through its servlet filter, which initializes the Struts dispatcher needed for this tag. - [unknown location]
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 logs. --"

The web.xml file are as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">

<filter>
<filter-name>
struts2
</filter-name>
<filter-class>
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher
</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>
struts2
</filter-name>
<url-pattern>
/*
</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

Any ideas?
[Message sent by forum member 'mmarrero' (mmarrero_at_kc.rr.com)]