users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Keep-alive in v2.1

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:23:53 -0400

Salut,
NBW wrote:

> (Max Connections is btw a terrible name for a configuration
> value that limits number of requests per persistent connection)
>

> This an historical name coming right from the Netscape server....
>
> A+
>

> That's why it's called refactoring. ;-)

Ya, except we are under some restriction when it's time to change those
name :-) In v2 we inherited from Netscape/Iplanet WebServer notation
(and that's why it's hard to configure in v2 has name doesn't correspond
to Grizzly internal) and wasn't allowed to change those "famous" names :-)

I don't have enough power to fight against compatibility :-)

A+

-- Jeanfrancois