users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Upgrade using the upgrade tool

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 03:21:10 PDT

I'm running the upgrade tool to upgrade from 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs) to v2.1 (9.1.1) (build b60e-fcs). My setup is a multi-machine cluster. The upgrade tool upgraded my server running the DAS with the correct domain configs and node-agent. However, running the upgrade tool against the remote machines didn't create my remote node-agents. So I went ahead and copied over the node-agents folder from the previous installation and testing seem to be OK. But I'm not convinced that's the correct way as we bring forward old libraries from the old installation as well. Plus everytime I start the remote agents, I get the following;
_ThreadName=JBI-Ready-Sync;|Registry Differences for Target: test-cluster
Remove Shared Libraries:
Add Shared Libraries:
Replace Shared Libraries:
Remove Components:
Add Components:
Update Components:
Affected Components:
Replace Components:
Component properties:
Remove component application variables:
Add component application variables:
Remove component configuration:
Add component configuration:
Change Components Lifecycle:
Remove Service Assemblies:
Add Service Assemblies:
Replace Service Assemblies:
Change Service Assemblies Lifecycle:
Affected Service Assemblies:
Components to Start for Undeploy:
Components to Start for Deploy:
Components to Start for Config Changes:
Domain config changes:
Category: System
Category: Installation
Category: Deployment
Instance config changes:
Category: System
Category: Installation
Category: Deployment
|#]

So I tried creating a new node-agent with the appropriate name in the remote machine as described here - http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4334/ghyld?a=view. But that doesn't seem to be doing anything. The domain's running as well.
My upgrade is an 'In-Place' upgrade and I've been trying to follow the instructions on - http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-3850/abmbq?a=view. The process dont seem to flow as described in the instructions though.
Another problem I had only in one environment but never got to the bottom of it is discussed here - http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=64323&tstart=15. Would really appreciate any input on this matter. Thanks!!

Cheers
-- Imran
[Message sent by forum member 'imranbohoran' (imranbohoran_at_gmail.com)]