users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Virtual Directories

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:12:41 -0700

On 09/04/09 07:18, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Well I found what i believe is the correct information, however it is still not working.
>
> What I've done, is in the enterprise server gui, gone to configuration>HTTP Service>Virtual Servers>myserver, then under properties added a name of "alternatedocroot_1" and a value of "from=/myurl/* dir=y:\ " (including a trailing space after y:\)
>
> where Y: is a mapped network drive on my 2008 server full of PDFs shared via samba from a RHEL4 server. (part of a corporate imaging system).
>
> however when browsing to sub.domain.com/myurl/ i get a 404 error. I even tried http://sub.domain.com/myurl/specific.pdf and nothing.
>
> When this didn't work I tried the manual method of:
>
> asadmin set server.http-service.virtual-server.server.property.alternatedocroot_1="from=/myurl/* dir=y:\ "
>
> and still nothing. I read a restart is not necessary, but I tried it anyway, still nothing.
>
> I'm sure it's something simple, but I just can't make it work... any ideas?

 From your description, it sounds like the PDFs should be stored under

  y:\myur1

Have you tried that?

See my blog at

  http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/alternate_docroots_and_local_resource

which explains in great detail how a request path that is matched by an
alternate docroot
is mapped to the local filesystem, and also provides a few examples.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,

Jan