users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Virtual Directories

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 07:18:00 PDT

Well I found what i believe is the correct information, however it is still not working.

What I've done, is in the enterprise server gui, gone to configuration>HTTP Service>Virtual Servers>myserver, then under properties added a name of "alternatedocroot_1" and a value of "from=/myurl/* dir=y:\ " (including a trailing space after y:\)

where Y: is a mapped network drive on my 2008 server full of PDFs shared via samba from a RHEL4 server. (part of a corporate imaging system).

however when browsing to sub.domain.com/myurl/ i get a 404 error. I even tried http://sub.domain.com/myurl/specific.pdf and nothing.

When this didn't work I tried the manual method of:

asadmin set server.http-service.virtual-server.server.property.alternatedocroot_1="from=/myurl/* dir=y:\ "

and still nothing. I read a restart is not necessary, but I tried it anyway, still nothing.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I just can't make it work... any ideas?
[Message sent by forum member 't3kn0m0nk3y' (zwelch_at_vpsupply.com)]