users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Clustering, Support and Glassfish3

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:12:15 -0700

On 08/24/09 19:36, Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> Salut,
>
> glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
>> I'm looking for some information and words of wisdom to help drive
>> the choice we are going to make fairly immediately on Servlet
>> containers for a new important project.
>>
>> The last Servlet project I ran was on GF2 and we had a number of
>> issues. The chief issue was that there were bugs and the only answer
>> we coudl get was "thats fixed in GF3." There seemed to be no effort
>> or interest in backporting fixes to GF2. BUT GF3 was incomplete. In
>> specific we required clustering which GF3 didn't support yet.
>>

> Any example of such issues?

I think jeffpk <http://forums.java.net/jive/profile.jspa?userID=57> was
referring to a bug regarding the timing of the invocation
of ServletContextListener#contextDestroyed, as described here:

  http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=336468

I had mentioned in the forum thread that I had ported the fix to
GlassFish 2.1.1
(I had done so several months ago), but unfortunately, he had missed
that posting
(see bottom of the thread).

Thanks,

Jan