users@glassfish.java.net

what is use of sun-acc.xml? I think any configuration included in this file is ignored by appclient script.

From: Sarah kho <sarah.kho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 23:05:08 +0430

Hi
I am trying to use sun-acc.xml to confugure the authentication of my client
application.
I changed the sun-acc.xml as follow to enforce the authentication to happen
with simRealm but it does not work ot I think it is ignored by the appclient
script.
here is my sun-acc.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE client-container PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems Inc.//DTD Application
Server 8.0 Application Client Container//EN" "
http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-application-client-container_1_2.dtd
">

<client-container>
  <target-server name="127.0.0.1" address="127.0.0.1" port="3700"/>
  <auth-realm name="simRealm"
classname="com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.file.FileRealm">
  <property name="file" value="/home/sarah/simRealm.txt"/>
  <property name="jaas-context" value="fileRealm"/>
</auth-realm>
  <log-service file="" level="WARNING"/>
</client-containe

and here is how I execute the application client:
./appclient -client /home/sarah/app-client.jar -xml /home/sarah/sun-acc.xml
Can you please let me know whether I am using the file correctly or there is
something else that I have ignored or miss understood?
The EJBs I am trying to access are secured and only few roles and groups has
access to them. I defined all f those groups and users in that file realm.
Thanks.