users@glassfish.java.net

RE: jdbcRealm authentication not working?

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:23:44 -0400

recommended to disable MD5(encryption) for first pass..did you disable MD5?

also you will need to create the necessary tables with the provided sql scripts
The easy way to do this is to run "ij" -- a javaDB sql console -- there is a copy here: <gf>/javadb/bin
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/userauth;user=APP;password=APP;create=true';
ij> run 'createdb.sql';
please display any error messages from server.log
tx,
Martin Gainty