users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Basic auth not working in Glassfish 2.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:43:24 PDT

Not 100% sure what you mean, but the response I am getting in my tests looks like this:

ACCESS DENIED RESPONSE (happens on the linux box but never on my mac):

 [Client to server] PUT /rest/tpos2/incoming/GoodFile.xml HTTP/1.1
 ... stuff cut out for brevity ...
 [Server to client] HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
 [Server to client] HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

ACCESS ALLOWED RESPONSE (always on my mac, only with correct auth credentials on the linux box):

 [Client to server] PUT /rest/tpos/incoming/ab/GoodFile.xml HTTP/1.1
 ... stuff cut out for brevity ...
 [Server to client] HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
 [Server to client] HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Note that the Bad request response is just because I was sending invalid content and the web app / web service correctly rejected it.

But basically Glassfish should be returning 403 when the specified user or group is not valid. It does so on the linux box I am testing this on, but never on my Mac.
[Message sent by forum member 'hordurth' (hordurth)]