users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Grizzly 1.0.30 jar-issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 00:48:02 PDT

Hello

The workaround is exactly what you have done.

The steps followed were :
1) Download the grizzly-framework-http-1.0.30-SNAPSHOT.jar
2) Store this jar in directory <dir>
3) reference <dir>/grizzly-framework-http-1.0.30-SNAPSHOT.jar in the classpath-prefix attribute of the java config in domain.xml
4) (Re)start GlassFish
This alone made things better - for the testcase we were using (it is representative of the web services usage that will be done for the next few monthes on GlasFish)-.

When we had this problem, we identified another one with sjsxp (one of the Stax parsers included in GlassFish). This problem was connected but very different.
Maybe you could try to use Woostox (another Stax parser included) as well.

Add those lines in domain.xml to define appropriate System Properties in the instance you used
      <system-property name="javax.xml.stream.XMLEventFactory" value="com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxEventFactory"/>
      <system-property name="javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory" value="com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory"/>
      <system-property name="javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory" value="com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxOutputFactory"/>

This lines replace sjsxp by Woodstox.

If I remember correctly, the usage of sjsxp in its default version can lead to several problems including server hang and inappropriate XML reading.
[Message sent by forum member 'vkoniecz' (vkoniecz)]